Published: December 21, 2006
Burnham fire crew tackles chip pan fire at Highbridge home

A Burnham-On-Sea fire crewA chip pan is being blamed for a blaze at a Highbridge home on Wednesday night (December 20th).

A Burnham-On-Sea fire crew attended the property in Morland Road at 9.52pm to find smoke pouring out of the property.

Firefighters found the cause of the smoke to be an unattended chip pan fire which was out on arrival. Crews then ventilated the property.

"One man suffered smoke inhalation and a paramedic response vehicle was called, but the casualty was not conveyed to hospital," a fire brigade spokesman told Burnham-On-Sea.com.

The property received 25% damage from smoke and five per cent damage from fire and heat.

 


Search Burnham-On-Sea.com|Add Burnham-On-Sea.com to your Bookmarks|Send a mail from Burnham-On-Sea.com|Print this page|Back to previous page|Discuss this article|

Latest Burnham-On-Sea news headlines

Burnham-On-Sea News

Latest news in the Burnham-On-Sea area

Latest video coverage
Click here for online video

Latest forum discussions
Click here to visit Burnham's forums

Burnham business guide
Click here to visit our A-Z guide

Burnham dating and friends
Click here to find new friends