Published: July 2, 2008
Burnham fire crew called to kitchen blaze at seafront property

A fire engine from Burnham-On-Sea was called out on Wednesday evening (July 2nd) after a kitchen blaze broke out at a seafront property.

On arrival, shortly before 8pm, the crews confirmed that the fire had already been extinguished in the kitchen area of the bedsit and flat.

A fire spokesman told "The fire was caused by fat in the drip tray of an oven. It was extinguished by the occupier using a water extinguisher."

"The fire caused 85% damage by heat, fire and smoke to the kitchen area and a further 5% light smoke damage to other rooms in the property."


Search|Add to your Bookmarks|Send a mail from|Print this page|Back to previous page|Discuss this article|

Live Burnham-On-Sea Seafront Webcam

24-hour live pictures
See live images of the seafront and beach with Burnham's Webcam. Click here

What's on in Burnham-On-Sea

Things to see and do
Check the constantly updated Burnham-On-Sea calendar for what's happening. Click here