February 19, 2009
fire crews called to two incidents in Highbridge
were the scenes in part of Highbridge on Thursday afternoon (February
19th) as two fire crews were sent to extinguish a kitchen blaze.
Burnham-On-Sea fire engines were sent to Stiling Close, just off
Paddock Drive, at 5.20pm, as pictured here.
equipped with breathing apparatus entered the home to quickly
bring the small kitchen fire under control. The fire service used
ventilation fans to remove fumes from the property.
In a second, separate incident, staff at a Highbridge charity
were evacuated on Thursday morning after a fire alert.
Burnham-On-Sea fire engine was called to the National Blind Childrens
Society in Bank Street, as pictured, after its alarms sounded.
spokeswoman Tracy Wightman told Burnham-On-Sea.com: "Fortunately,
it was a false alarm caused by the builders, who are currently
working at the bottom of the building on our new book publishing