pensioner treated for shock after bungalow blaze
pensioner was treated for shock after this blaze at a bungalow
in Burnham-On-Sea on Monday afternoon (June 7th).
residents dialled 999 after spotting thick smoke emerging from
the elderly lady's property, as pictured here.
fire crews from Burnham and another from Bridgwater rushed to
Ashcott Drive at 12.20pm after an electrical fault caused a fridge
firefighters wearing breathing apparatus ventured into the bungalow
to extinguish the blaze with a hose reel jet and avoid it spreading.
elderly occupant was treated for shock, ambulance spokeswoman
Meladie Juste told Burnham-On-Sea.com. "An elderly lady was
treated at the scene, but did not require hospital treatment,"
spokesman Paul Slavin said a ventilation fan was used to remove
the fumes and smoke from the property. He added that smoke detectors
were fitted in the property, but had recently been removed to
have new batteries fitted.
live pictures See live images of the seafront and beach with
Burnham's Webcam. Click
to see and do Check the constantly updated Burnham-On-Sea.com
calendar for what's happening. Click
in Burnham! Support local traders by shopping in town -
see our A-Z index of businesses. Click
video news Watch video highlights of events across Burnham
with these video clips. Click