couple's wedding plans almost go up in smoke!
were flying when a Berrow couple's wedding day almost went up
in the smoke as fire crews tackled a blaze at their wedding reception.
and Lexi Mead had just tied the knot at St Peter's Church in North
Newton near Bridgwater when they were told a fire had broken out
at their reception venue at nearby Maunsel House (pictured below).
newlyweds were advised to extend their photo session at the church
while firefighters battled a chimney blaze.
told Burnham-On-Sea.com today (Tuesday, February 9th): "It
was a big shock to be told that a fire had broken out at Maunsel
House while we were still at the church."
had to delay our trip from the church while the crews dealt with
the fire but, fortunately, there wasn't a great deal of damage."
fire crew were wonderful and drove their fire engine around the
side of the house to try and avoid disturbing our reception guests
and when the fire was fully out, they even posed for a few photos!"
says she can't praise the fire crew, her wedding planner, photographer
and the team at Maunsel House enough.
was fantastic and remained very calm and the fire didn't spoilt
the day one bit. In fact, it was always going to be a memorable
day and the fire made it even more so!"
above are firefighters Darren Rossiter, Kelvin James, Neil Champion,
Jerry Toogood, Luke Miller and the bride Lexi (Pic: Nick Tolley)