photos: Burnham-On-Sea fire crews called to extinguish flat blaze
were the scenes in Berrow Road on Saturday evening (February 13th)
when two fire crews from Burnham-On-Sea were called out to tackle
a fire in a flat.
used two sets of breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet to tackle
a fire at Ashcombe House near Berrow, as pictured here.
fire spokesman told Burnham-On-Sea.com at the scene: "The
crews from Burnham attended a report of smoke inside Ashcombe
House at 8.34pm."
arrival, they confirmed there was heavy smoke in the first floor
of a flat within the premises. They continued to investigate using
two personnel wearing breathing apparatus."
further investigations, they found that there was a fire behind
the oven which they extinguished using a hose reel jet. The crews
then ventilated the property using a positive pressure fan."
cause of the fire was due to food being left unattended in a saucepan
which resulted in a small amount of smoke damage to the living
area. Smoke detectors were fitted but did not activate due to
the batteries being taken out. Crews gave the residents suitable
were also in attendance, directing traffic past the scene.