December 2, 2010
approve new flats at former Burnham-On-Sea club
former gentleman's club in the centre of Burnham-On-Sea will be
turned into four new flats after the district council this week
approved the scheme.
A planning application from the new owner of the former Burnham
Institute in Regent Street to convert the building into two two-bed
flats and two one-bed flats was given a green light by the council.
Burnham Institute closed
for the final time in August 2009 due to a lack of funds,
marking the end of a long and colourful history for the club,
which originally opened in 1892. It had over 300 members.