Published: March 2, 2010
Fire crews called to small blaze at Burnham-On-Sea nursing home

Two fire engines from Burnham-On-Sea were called to a retirement home in the town on Tuesday (March 2nd) after a tumble dryer fire.

Crews rushed to the home in Berrow Road and found the fire within an industrial-sized tumble dryer had already been put out on arrival.

"The cause of the fire was thought to be an electrical fault. There was 20 per cent fire and heat damage to wiring and the tumble dryer itself. There were heat detectors fitted, but they did not operate due to lack of heat," a fire spokesman told Burnham-On-Sea.com.

 


Bookmark and Share

Search Burnham-On-Sea.com|Add Burnham-On-Sea.com to your Bookmarks|Send a mail from Burnham-On-Sea.com|Print this page|Back to previous page|Discuss this article|

Burnham-On-Sea Seafront Webcam
Burnham-On-Sea Webcam
24-hour live pictures
See live images of the seafront and beach with Burnham's Webcam. Click here