crews called to small blaze at Burnham-On-Sea nursing home
fire engines from Burnham-On-Sea were called to a retirement home
in the town on Tuesday (March 2nd) after a tumble dryer fire.
rushed to the home in Berrow Road and found the fire within an
industrial-sized tumble dryer had already been put out on arrival.
cause of the fire was thought to be an electrical fault. There
was 20 per cent fire and heat damage to wiring and the tumble
dryer itself. There were heat detectors fitted, but they did not
operate due to lack of heat," a fire spokesman told Burnham-On-Sea.com.