Faulty washing machine causes fire drama in Burnham-On-Sea
A faulty washing machine is being blamed for causing a fire in Burnham-On-Sea on Monday morning (September 27th).
Two fire engines from Burnham were sent to Monks Way, as pictured here, at 10.16am after spoke was seen issuing from a bungalow.
On their arrival, the crews confirmed the incident had been caused by a washing machine on fire.
"Crews extinguished the fire using four sets of breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet," a spokesman told Burnham-On-Sea.com.
He added that the fire-damaged washing machine was removed to the outside and the smoke-filled property was ventilated by the crews.
Pictured are fire crews at the scene of Monday morning's blaze in Burnham