Published: September 27, 2010
Faulty washing machine causes fire drama in Burnham-On-Sea

A faulty washing machine is being blamed for causing a fire in Burnham-On-Sea on Monday morning (September 27th).

Two fire engines from Burnham were sent to Monks Way, as pictured here, at 10.16am after spoke was seen issuing from a bungalow.

On their arrival, the crews confirmed the incident had been caused by a washing machine on fire.

"Crews extinguished the fire using four sets of breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet," a spokesman told Burnham-On-Sea.com.

He added that the fire-damaged washing machine was removed to the outside and the smoke-filled property was ventilated by the crews.

Pictured are fire crews at the scene of Monday morning's blaze in Burnham

 


Bookmark and Share

Search Burnham-On-Sea.com|Add Burnham-On-Sea.com to your Bookmarks|Send a mail from Burnham-On-Sea.com|Print this page|Back to previous page|Discuss this article

Burnham-On-Sea Seafront Webcam
Burnham-On-Sea Webcam
24-hour live pictures
See live images of the seafront and beach with Burnham's Webcam. Click here

Burnham-On-Sea What's On
What's On In Burnham-On-Sea
Things to see and do
Check the constantly updated Burnham-On-Sea.com calendar for what's happening. Click here

Burnham-On-Sea Shops
Burnham-On-Sea Shopping Guide
Buy in Burnham!
Support local traders by shopping in town - see our A-Z index of businesses. Click here

Burnham-On-Sea Video
Burnham-On-Sea Video
Burnham video news
Watch video highlights of events across Burnham with these video clips. Click here