Council is 'committed' to keeping Burnham's Princess open
Sedgemoor District Council has said it is 'fully committed' to keeping Burnham-On-Sea's Princess Threatre open despite controversially abandoning the procurement process to find a new owner for the building last week.
Allison Griffin, Corporate Director, told Burnham-On-Sea.com on Wednesday: "The District Council took the decision not to continue with the recent procurement process as it was felt that none of the bidders provided an offer that the Council felt met its needs or was sustainable."
"However, SDC is still committed to keeping the Princess open and we will be seeking to achieve clarity on its future by late this year with a resolution by early 2011 at the latest."
"In the mean time we will be seeking the views of the Town Council to consider the options available but we are confident of a successful outcome. Our primary aim is to keep the Princess open for public use as now."
Burnham-On-Sea.com reported on the council's shock decision to pull the plug on its procurement process here.