Published: January 13, 2011
Oops! Boiling kettle causes fire alert at Highbridge supermarket

Steam from a boiling kettle caused a call-out for Burnham-On-Sea Fire Brigade on Thursday morning (January 13th).

One engine rushed to the Co-Operative supermarket in Southwell Crescent, pictured, shortly after 8am.

Fire spokesman Paul Slavin confirmed to Burnham-On-Sea.com: "The alarms were activated due to steam from a boiling kettle."

"We checked over the building for any sign of fire as a precaution and then stood down."

Pictured above is the store in Highbridge where fire crews were called to

 


Bookmark and Share

Search Burnham-On-Sea.com|Add Burnham-On-Sea.com to your Bookmarks|Send a mail from Burnham-On-Sea.com|Print this page|Back to previous page|Discuss this article

Burnham-On-Sea Shops
Burnham-On-Sea Shopping Guide
Buy in Burnham!
Support local traders by shopping in town - see our A-Z index of businesses. Click here

Burnham-On-Sea Photos
Burnham-On-Sea Photos

Photo gallery
Hundreds of photos from events across the Burnham-On-Sea area. Click here