Published: September 2, 2011
Unattended chip pan causes early morning blaze in Highbridge

Burnham-On-Sea's fire crews were called to a blaze at a Highbridge home early today (Saturday) which had been caused by an unattended chip pan.

Crews from Burnham and Bridgwater rushed to the aptly-named Sparks Way at 1.43am where the property had been evacuated.

"Crews used breathing apparatus to search and ventilate the premises," a fire spokesman told Burnham-On-Sea.com.

"The cause of the fire was due to an unattended chip pan which resulted in light damage by heat and moderate damage by smoke to the property."

 


Bookmark and Share

Search Burnham-On-Sea.com|Add Burnham-On-Sea.com to your Bookmarks|Send a mail from Burnham-On-Sea.com|Print this page|Back to previous page|Discuss this article

Burnham-On-Sea Seafront Webcam
Burnham-On-Sea Webcam
24-hour live pictures
See live images of the seafront and beach with Burnham's Webcam. Click here

Burnham-On-Sea Shops
Burnham-On-Sea Shopping Guide
Buy in Burnham!
Support local traders by shopping in town - see our A-Z index of businesses. Click here