Published: March 25, 2011
Bonfire sparks cause Burnham-On-Sea shed blaze

Sparks from a bonfire caused a shed blaze in Burnham-On-Sea early this morning (Friday, March 25th).

Burnham-On-Sea firefighters were called to a property in Highbridge Road at 3.13am to extinguish the blaze.

"On their arrival, the crew confirmed that this was a wooden shed on fire and got to work fighting it using a hose reel jet," a fire spokesman told

"The fire was successfully extinguished but, unfortunately, the shed was 70 per cent damaged. This was caused by a spark from an earlier bonfire."

Bookmark and Share

Search|Add to your Bookmarks|Send a mail from|Print this page|Back to previous page|Discuss this article

Burnham-On-Sea Seafront Webcam
Burnham-On-Sea Webcam
24-hour live pictures
See live images of the seafront and beach with Burnham's Webcam. Click here

Burnham-On-Sea Shops
Burnham-On-Sea Shopping Guide
Buy in Burnham!
Support local traders by shopping in town - see our A-Z index of businesses. Click here