blaze in East Huntspill tackled by Burnham fire crew
fire crews tackled a chimney fire at a home in East Huntspill
on Wednesday evening (February 8th).
One fire appliance from Burnham was sent to Church Lane at 7.16pm
after the occupiers reported that the chimney was alight.
"Crews confirmed that a small fire was contained within the
chimney," a fire spokesman told Burnham-On-Sea.com. "They
used one hose reel jet and chimney gear to extinguish it."
He added that although smoke detectors were fitted at the property,
they did not activate due to a lack of smoke.