crews tackle blaze at seafront cafe in Burnham-On-Sea
tackled a blaze at a seafront cafe in Burnham-On-Sea on Monday
afternoon (March 26th).
fire engines were called to Jacks Cafe Bar on The Esplanade at
1.44pm, as pictured, after a blaze in the kitchen caused the evacuation
of staff and customers.
were sent to the scene following a call from staff reporting a
fire in a tumble dryer on the ground floor," fire spokesman
Paul Slaven told Burnham-On-Sea.com.
three-storey terraced building was evacuated after smoke was found
issuing from a tumble dryer in the kitchen. Crews used four breathing
apparatus and two hose reel jets to bring the fire under control
cause was accidental following an electrical fault in the dryer.
A positive pressure ventilation fan was used to remove smoke from
Mr Slaven added: "Damage caused was 80% by fire and heat
to the tumble dryer, 90% to the room of origin by fire and heat,
and light smoke damage to the whole ground floor."
people were involved or hurt in the fire, he confirmed.