sealed off after explosives alert in Burnham-On-Sea
man has been arrested and an area around a home in Burnham-On-Sea
was sealed off by police on Friday after they executed a search
warrant under the Explosives Act.
set up a 100-metre cordon around the property in Beatty Way following
the raid at 7.45am, as pictured here.
said the cordon had been set up "purely as a precaution at
this stage, while the appropriate experts assess any potential
36-year-old man is being questioned by police.
Army spokesman confirmed a bomb disposal team from Ashchurch in
Gloucestershire had been called to the scene to support the police.
told Burnham-On-Sea.com that evacuations were being considered.
"People are advised to avoid the area to allow the emergency
services the access they need," spokeswoman Cath Foster said.
will be doing everything we can to minimise disruption to people's
daily lives, but public safety must be our top priority."