Published: July 23, 2012
Clothes left on hot cooker cause fire at Brean holiday apartment

Two fire crews from Burnham-On-Sea rushed to Brean on Sunday evening (July 22nd) after a blaze in a holiday apartment, caused by clothing being left on a hot cooker.

Firerfighters were called to Pontins at 8.24pm after the park's staff raised the alarm.

"On their arrival, the crews confirmed the fire had been extinguished by site staff using foam extinguishers," a spokesman told Burnham-On-Sea.com. "Crews used a thermal imaging camera to ensure the fire was out."

"The fire was caused accidentally by clothes being put on a cooker which was on. The clothes were destroyed and the room was damaged by the fire and smoke."

Pictured: Pontins in Brean, where Sunday night's incident occurred



Bookmark and Share

Search Burnham-On-Sea.com|Add Burnham-On-Sea.com to your Bookmarks|Send a mail from Burnham-On-Sea.com|Print this page|Back to previous page|Discuss this article

Burnham-On-Sea Seafront Webcam
Burnham-On-Sea Webcam
24-hour live pictures
See live images of the seafront and beach with Burnham's Webcam. Click here

Burnham-On-Sea Shops
Burnham-On-Sea Shopping Guide
Buy in Burnham!
Support local traders by shopping in town - see our A-Z index of businesses. Click here

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter See us on YouTube