fumes warning as Burnham firefighters tackle barn blaze
firefighters were called to a barn blaze in Axbridge on Tuesday
morning (October 22nd) where nearby residents were warned to keep
their windows shut due to toxic fumes.
living in Weare and Axbridge were given the warning as large plumes
of smoke emerged from Alston Sutton Farm shortly after 9am.
crews from Burnham-On-Sea, Cheddar, Winscombe and Weston, along
with special appliances from Street and Bridgwater, tackled the
were still on scene at 5.30pm, removing large hay bales. The barn
had an asbestos-cladded roof and contained 60 tons of hay and