Oops! Carnival flame-thrower sets wall bracket alight
flame-thrower left his mark on Burnham-On-Sea's High Street by
accidentally setting fire to a hanging basket fixture during Monday's
Gremlins Carnival Club wowed spectators with their entry, called
Xtinct, and one of the flame throwers inadvertently set alight
to a bracket, as pictured here.
bracket definitely seemed to be alight for a couple of seconds
- we saw it smouldering," eyewitness Sally Martin told Burnham-On-Sea.com.
was a fantastic carnival float, however it left us wondering whether
flame-throwing in the High Street should be allowed."
for the Gremlins, the cart suffered technical problems and it
was plunged into darkness several times as it passed along Burnham
Top, the bracket in flames and, moments later, smouldering
COVERAGE OF THE 2013 CARNIVAL:
Photos of the
a great night