Published: August 6, 2013
Crews called to tackle electrical fire in Burnham-On-Sea bungalow

Burnham-On-Sea fire crews were called to tackle an electrical blaze at a property in the town on Monday afternoon (August 5th).

The incident in Margaret Crescent began just after 1.30pm when two fire engines were called to the scene.

"We received a call from the occupant of a semi-detached bungalow reporting her electricity box was on fire inside," said a spokesman.

"Crews confirmed the fire was on the ground floor and set to work with two breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet."

"In total they used four breathing apparatus and a CO2 extinguisher to put out the fire, which had been caused accidentally and started in the fuse box."

Duty of care was left with the owner and Western Power, who were requested to isolate the electrics. No-one was injured.


Bookmark and Share

Search Burnham-On-Sea.com|Add Burnham-On-Sea.com to your Bookmarks|Send a mail from Burnham-On-Sea.com|Print this page|Back to previous page|Discuss this article

Burnham-On-Sea Seafront Webcam
Burnham-On-Sea Webcam
24-hour live pictures
See live images of the seafront and beach with Burnham's Webcam.Click here

Burnham-On-Sea What's On
What's On In Burnham-On-Sea
Things to see and do
Check the constantly updated Burnham-On-Sea.com calendar for what's happening. Click here

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter See us on YouTube