Published: July 24, 2013
Burnham-On-Sea fire crews tackle two kitchen fires in Highbridge

A man was rescued from his Highbridge home by firefighters on Wednesday afternoon (July 24th) during one of two kitchen fires tackled by crews.

Two Burnham fire appliances were called to the semi-detached bungalow in Apex Drive, Highbridge at 5.40pm.

"The fire crews entered the property with four breathing apparatus wearers and one hose reel jet to assist the man from the property," a spokesman told

"The fire was involving a grill pan in the kitchen which the crews extinguished. The ambulance arrived on scene and tended to the casualty.

"The cause of the fire was accidental, and caused moderate damage to the property."

Earlier, crews had also been called to another kitchen fire within a terraced property in Parsons Road, Highbridge at 2.20pm.

"Crews were able to extinguish that fire using one hose reel jet. The property sustained 50% fire, heat and smoke damage to the kitchen. The cause was accidental and no-one was injured," said the spokesman.


Bookmark and Share

Search|Add to your Bookmarks|Send a mail from|Print this page|Back to previous page|Discuss this article

Burnham-On-Sea Seafront Webcam
Burnham-On-Sea Webcam
24-hour live pictures
See live images of the seafront and beach with Burnham's Webcam. Click here

Burnham-On-Sea Shops
Burnham-On-Sea Shopping Guide
Buy in Burnham!
Support local traders by shopping in town - see our A-Z index of businesses. Click here

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter See us on YouTube