of burning sparks fire scare at Burnham-On-Sea nursing home
small of burning led to fire crews being called to a Burnham-On-Sea
nursing home on Wednesday morning (July 31st).
fire service received a call from staff at Burnham Nursing Centre
in Oxford Street, Burnham at 9am after reports of a strong smell
of burning within the building.
fire appliances from Burnham and one from Bridgwater attended
the incident," said a spokesman. "Crews found a smell
of burning within the property and, on investigation, they found
this to be coming from a burnt-out choke from a light fitting."
of care was left with the centre's staff, who contacted an electrician.