Published: October 22, 2013
Huge blaze at Rooksbridge reptile food firm started accidentally

Fire crews have this week said a huge fire which destroyed a building full of insects in Rooksbridge started accidentally.

Burnham-On-Sea.com first reported last week that fire crews from Burnham, Bridgwater, Cheddar and Wells had been called to Livefood UK, an internet-based company which sells live insects as reptile food nationwide.

They tackled a huge fire, which started at 3.25am on Thursday, and destroyed a building full of insects at the firm in Gills Lane, Rooksbridge.

Crews worked through the night and even used water from a nearby swimming pool to tackle the blaze.

A Devon and Somerset Fire Service spokesman said this week: "The fire definitely started accidentally but because the damage was so severe, we may not establish the exact cause of the ignition."

Livefood UK says on its website: "We are operating a limited service due to a serious fire, but are doing all we can to offer our full service as soon as possible."



Bookmark and Share

Search Burnham-On-Sea.com|Add Burnham-On-Sea.com to your Bookmarks|Send a mail from Burnham-On-Sea.com|Print this page|Back to previous page|Discuss this article

Burnham-On-Sea Seafront Webcam
Burnham-On-Sea Webcam
24-hour live pictures
See live images of the seafront and beach with Burnham's Webcam.Click here

Burnham-On-Sea Shops
Burnham-On-Sea Shopping Guide
Buy in Burnham!
Support local traders by shopping in town - see our A-Z index of businesses.Click here

Burnham-On-Sea Video
Burnham-On-Sea Video
Burnham video news
Watch video highlights of events across Burnham with these video clips.Click here

Burnham-On-Sea What's On
What's On In Burnham-On-Sea
Things to see and do
Check the constantly updated Burnham-On-Sea.com calendar for what's happening. Click here

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter See us on YouTube