fire crews called to town centre shop
fire crews were called to a town centre shop on Wednesday afternoon
fire appliances were sent to Bastins in the High Street, as pictured
here, after staff and customers reported a smell of burning.
investigated and found the smell was coming from an overheating
flourescent light fitting in the shop, which was giving off the
fumes," said a spokesman.
there was no damage and no further action was required."
Crews in the High Street on Wednesday (photo Marcus Smith)