called to Burnham-On-Sea home after fire in kitchen
fire crews were called to a home in the town last night (Wednesday)
after neighbours reported hearing a smoke alarm sounding.
fire engines from Burnham were called to the property in Maple
Drive shortly before 8pm.
"On arrival, crews confirmed the house was unoccupied and
believed there was a gas hob left on, " said a fire spokesman.
made entrance to the property via a back door and found a pan
left unattended on the hob."
small fire in the pan was deemed accidental and crews ventilated
the property before leaving the incident."