bar re-opens for business after early morning electrical fire
Brean bar is open for business as usual despite an electrical
fire on Friday (December 19th).
fire crews from Burnham-On-Sea, Weston and Bridgwater rushed to
Krackers Karaoke Bar in South Road, Brean at 2am.
crew members wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet
and carbon dioxide extinguishers to extinguish the fire, which
was started by an electrical fault.
fire was contained to an electrical cupboard in the property,
causing moderate fire damage, severe smoke damage and some minor
smoke damage to the flats above," said a fire spokesman.
pressure ventilation equipment was used to ventilate the building
and Western Power attended to isolate the electrics.
spokesman for Krackers told Burnham-On-Sea.com: "We are open
as normal over the Christmas period despite the fire."