Christmas Farmer's Market to be held today
annual Christmas farmers market will be held in the town centre
on Friday (December 19th).
wide range of festive food will be available from more than a
dozen stalls set-up along The High Street between 9am and 1pm.
market will be selling festive meat, cheeses, chutneys, bread
and other Christmas produce.
should be a superb farmers market with plenty of local produce
to enjoy over the Christmas period," a spokesman told Burnham-On-Sea.com.
extra special guests will be at the market, including A&A
Decorations selling unique wooden decorations with a very stylish
wooden Christmas tree, and Olives n Stuff whose fantastic range
of marinated olives are a great addition to any buffet table.
own Bev and Sarah Milner Simonds will be there, cooking up a storm
with samples from the market for you to try. "We are
really pleased to be supporting the Festive Market in Burnham
this week - it is great to be able expand the choice of our High
Street with so many top-quality food products," said Sarah.
Also, Garry of GM Country Sports has been stocking up on his
very popular venison, cranberry and chestnut sausages alongside
his seasonal range of game including partridge and wild duck.
Sharon has been flat out to supply the demand for her delicious
chocolates - all flavours and purses are catered for, from stocking
fillers to bespoke hampers.
Clare of In Clover will be bringing her beautiful wreaths and
willow gifts; Alistair will be back with the Red Chilli Shop sauces
and wraps to munch while you browse; Taylors festive range
will include frangipane mince pies, onion, cranberry and sage
bread, plus a delicious stilton and walnut loaf. Therell
also be a wonderful range of scotch eggs from Nutts For.
Ellises Farm is away, but Pru of Old Castle Farm Pork will be
stepping into the breach, bringing along chipolatas, sausages,
bacon and fresh pork. Theres just time to order special
cuts of beef from Moorland Farm to collect at the market or from
the farm in Axbridge.
The Community stall will this time be devoted to the Royal British
Legion branch in Burnham. Recently under threat of closure, a
team of dedicated volunteers have revived the branch and are aiming
to refurbish the building and extend the facilities, as previously
featured by Burnham-On-Sea.com.
Finally, dont forget to pick up your Burnham Farmers
Market postcard with all of the 2015 dates, courtesy of the sponsors
Mogers Drewett Solicitors.
Fridays Festive Line Up:
- A-Lot-A-Choc - design your own hampers of chocolate
- A&A Decorations - stylish wooden Christmas decorations
- Country Markets - tasty festive preserves and traditional
- Herby4 - west Somerset apple juice and hot Chaider
- In Clover - hardy perennial ornamental plants, hand crafted
wreaths and willow gifts made from Somerset withies
- GM Country Sports - game in season, with lots of choice at
present, and burgers and sausages
- Tor Cider and Vineyard - craft cider and hot mulled cider
on the day
- Moorland Farm - Aberdeen Angus beef from Axbridge
- Nutts for
- scotch eggs- amazing range of different
- Old Castle Farm Pork - traditionally reared pork, bacon, sausages
- Olives n stuff- wide selection of marinated olives
- Portbridge Farm - fresh vegetables from Chew Magna
- Taylors Traditional Bakery - third generation Somerset craft
bakers plus a festive range of bread
- Times Past Cheese Dairy - award winning traditional and flavoured
- The Humble Pie - Somersets best award winning pies
- Red Chilli Shop - homemade chilli sauces and hot food