firefighters called to tackle caravan blaze in Brean
firefighters were called to a blazing caravan in Brean on Saturday
evening (August 22nd).
were called to a holiday park in South Road, Brean at 7.30pm to
reports of a caravan on fire.
fire appliances from Burnham-On-Sea were sent to the incident
and they confirmed it was a privately-owned touring caravan.
fire was out on arrival, extinguished by a member of staff using
a dry powder extinguisher, but the caravan was made safe and dampened
down using a hose reel jet and a thermal imaging camera,"
said a spokesman.
caravan was 10% damaged by fire and heat, and 50% smoke damaged.
A spokesman said the cause of the fire was accidental, potentially
caused by a faulty hand drier.
Burnham fire crews had earlier been called to Brean after a small
fire broke out in an air conditioning unit at a property in the