January 6, 2015
Three taken to hospital after Carbon Monoxide scare in Burnham

Three people were taken to hospital on Monday morning (January 5th) after a Carbon Monoxide incident in the town.

Fire crews were called to a property in Highburn Close, Burnham at 10.45am.

Two fire appliances, one from Burnham and another from Bridgwater, attended the incident.

"The ambulance service requested our assistance when the occupants of a domestic property called to report possible carbon monoxide poisioning," confirmed a fire spokesman.

"Crews used two sets of breathing apparatus and a gas detector to check levels of carbon monoxide and isolate the gas to the property."

"Three casualties were conveyed to hospital via ambulance for precautionary checks."


Bookmark and Share

Search|Add to your Bookmarks|Send a mail from|Print this page|Back to previous page|Discuss this article

Burnham-On-Sea Seafront Webcam
Burnham-On-Sea Webcam
24-hour live pictures
See live images of the seafront and beach with Burnham's Webcam.Click here

Burnham-On-Sea What's On
What's On In Burnham-On-Sea
Things to see and do
Check the constantly updated calendar for what's happening. Click here

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter See us on YouTube