Published:
October 16, 2015
Electric blanket sparks fire in bedroom of home near Burnham-On-Sea

An electric blanket caused a bedroom fire at a property near Burnham-On-Sea today (Friday).

Fire crews from Cheddar and Burnham-On-Sea were called to the village of Badgworth after the occupant raised the alarm.

Two appliances were sent to Badgworth Lane, Badgworth just before 9.20am and crews discovered smoke issuing from a first floor bedroom.

"Crews used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel, one safety jet and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire which was confined to a chair and an electric blanket," said a spokesman.

The blanket had been left plugged in and had then been folded up on a chair, causing the fire.

Pictured: Burnham-On-Sea fire crews at the scene in Badgworth

 


Bookmark and Share

Search Burnham-On-Sea.com|Add Burnham-On-Sea.com to your Bookmarks|Send a mail from Burnham-On-Sea.com|Print this page|Back to previous page|Discuss this article

Burnham-On-Sea Seafront Webcam
Burnham-On-Sea Webcam
24-hour live pictures
See live images of the seafront and beach with Burnham's Webcam.Click here

Burnham-On-Sea Shops
Burnham-On-Sea Shopping Guide
Buy in Burnham!
Support local traders by shopping in town - see our A-Z index of businesses.Click here

Burnham-On-Sea What's On
What's On In Burnham-On-Sea
Things to see and do
Check the constantly updated Burnham-On-Sea.com calendar for what's happening. Click here

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter See us on YouTube