dog walkers warned after toxic pills are washed up on beach
owners in Burnham-On-Sea have this week been warned to be extra
vigilant while walking their pets on the town's beach after several
animals fell ill.
dog, a smooth fox terrier, is being treated for kidney problems
by a local vet after swallowing something toxic on Burnham beach.
Lyn, who does want to be fully named, told Burnham-On-Sea.com:
"My dog, Layla, was taken very ill last week and has been
having vet care since."
seems her blood tests show kidney problems through something toxic
got chatting with a fellow dog walker this week who informed me
she had picked up and disposed of some blister packs of pills
found on the beach."
prescription drugs were those used to treat mental illness. My
dog has the risk of permanently damaged kidneys. Bridge Vets have
District Council, which oversees cleaning of beaches in Burnham-On-Sea
and Berrow, said on Wednesday (February 24th) it is aware of the
Spokeswoman Claire Faun told Burnham-On-Sea.com: "We can
only act when people ring us straight away if they see anything
suspicious, as the tide often washes away any evidence. We would
urge any dog walkers or walkers on the beach to get in touch soon