development of Burnham-On-Sea homes wins council backing
to build these three new homes in place of a former builders yard
in Burnham-On-Sea have been given a thumbs-up by town councillors
businessman Barry Sherriff appeared before the Town Council's
Planning Applications Committee on Wednesday evening (March 2nd)
where his plans to redevelop the former Boley and Skuse site at
The Drive were considered.
plans include three detached dwellings, a detached garage and
parking for 11 vehicles.
Peter Burridge-Clayton said: "This will be a great enhancement
to the old building site. The new homes will fit in nicely with
the surroundings and do not represent an over-development."
Bill Hancock added: "The proposals will greatly improve the
area, it's also good to see the roadway onto the site being improved."
was one objection from a nearby resident who cited overlooking
and drainage concerns.
Sherriff told Burnham-On-Sea.com after the meeting he was "really
pleased" the scheme had been given approval, subject to final
approval from Sedgemoor District Council.
Top, an image of how the new homes will look and, above, Wednesday's
Town Council planning applications meeting