tumble dryer started garage blaze near Burnham-On-Sea
investigators say a faulty tumble dryer is believed to have been
the cause of a blaze which destroyed a garage and its contents near
Burnham-On-Sea on Tuesday (December 27th).
were the scenes when firefighters from Burnham-On-Sea, Bridgwater
and Cheddar were called at 2.30pm to a garage on fire at Charlecote,
The Causeway in the village of Mark.
believed that an electrical fault with a tumble dryer accidentally
caused the fire," a fire service spokesman told Burnham-On-Sea.com.
arrival the crews confirmed that there was smoke issuing from the
crews isolated the electricity and used two breathing apparatus
and one hose reel to extinguish the fire."
fire caused seventy five percent damaged to the building and one
hundred percent damage to the contents - which included two bicycles
and a tumble dryer. A car that was parked narby was moved, avoiding