Published:
October 15, 2016
Discarded cigarette causes window sill fire at Highbridge home

Burnham-On-Sea firefighters say a discarded cigarette caused a fire in Highbridge on Saturday afternoon (October 15th).

Crews from Burnham-On-Sea and Bridgwater were called to a property in Market Street at just before 1pm.

Two engines from Burnham and one from Bridgwater were sent to the scene after reports of a fire broke on a window sill.

The fire was out on arrival but crews worked to check the remaining window sill using a triple extension ladder. It was determined that the fire was started by an discarded cigarette.

 

Search Burnham-On-Sea.com|Add Burnham-On-Sea.com to your Bookmarks|Send a mail from Burnham-On-Sea.com|Print this page|Back to previous page|Discuss this article

Burnham-On-Sea Seafront Webcam
Burnham-On-Sea Webcam
24-hour live pictures
See live images of the seafront and beach with Burnham's Webcam.Click here

Burnham-On-Sea What's On
What's On In Burnham-On-Sea
Things to see and do
Check the constantly updated Burnham-On-Sea.com calendar for what's happening. Click here