dog owners warned as pet is injured by fishing hook
warning has been issued to Burnham-On-Sea dog owners this week after
a pet had to have a fishing hook removed from its mouth after picking
it up on the town's beach.
Vowles was walking her 11 year-old collie, Misty, along the sand
at the southern end of the town on Wednesday morning when her dog
happened on Wednesday morning about 10.30am between the Yacht Club
and jetty. It wasn't too far away from the steps," she said.
was a bit behind me and when I looked around and she was rubbing
her mouth with her paw."
called her and as she came towards me I could see the hook in the
side of her mouth with a big weight trailing behind her."
had to be put to sleep to remove the hook and we received a vet's
bill of £115."
wants to raise awareness about the dangers of fishing hooks being
left on or washed up along the beach to avoid other dogs getting
Pictured: The hook and fishing tackle that Misty picked up on
Burnham beach, which required £115 of vet's treatment to have