Published:
January 2, 2016
Discarded cigarette causes shed fire in Highbridge

Firefighters from Burnham-On-Sea were called to Highbridge on Saturday morning (January 2nd) after a discarded cigarette set a shed on fire.

Crews were called to Caxton Drive, Highbridge just before 11.30am where a shed was alight in a back garden.

On arrival the crew confirmed that smoke was issuing from a 2 metre x 3 metre wooden shed.

The Burnham-On-Sea firefighters successfully extinguished the blaze using a single hose reel jet.

A spokesman said the fire had been accidental, and caused by a carelessly discarded cigarette.

 


Bookmark and Share

Search Burnham-On-Sea.com|Add Burnham-On-Sea.com to your Bookmarks|Send a mail from Burnham-On-Sea.com|Print this page|Back to previous page|Discuss this article

Burnham-On-Sea Seafront Webcam
Burnham-On-Sea Webcam
24-hour live pictures
See live images of the seafront and beach with Burnham's Webcam.Click here

Burnham-On-Sea What's On
What's On In Burnham-On-Sea
Things to see and do
Check the constantly updated Burnham-On-Sea.com calendar for what's happening. Click here

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter See us on YouTube