Published:
July 11, 2016
80-year-old Burnham pensioner treated for smoke inhalation after fire

A pensioner was treated for the effects of smoke inhalation after a fire at a home in Burnham-On-Sea last night (Sunday).

Crews from Burnham-On-Sea and Bridgwater were called to a property in Berrow Road shortly after 10.20pm amid a kitchen blaze.

A spokesman told Burnham-On-Sea.com: "On arrival, crews confirmed the chip pan was on fire and got to work with two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet and a safety jet to extinguish the fire."

"Crews administered oxygen to an 80-year-old male who was suffering from smoke inhalation."

"The fire was extinguished and the room suffered 20 percent fire damage and 70 smoke damage."

Crews said the cause of the fire was believed to be accidental.

 

Search Burnham-On-Sea.com|Add Burnham-On-Sea.com to your Bookmarks|Send a mail from Burnham-On-Sea.com|Print this page|Back to previous page|Discuss this article

Burnham-On-Sea Seafront Webcam
Burnham-On-Sea Webcam
24-hour live pictures
See live images of the seafront and beach with Burnham's Webcam.Click here

Burnham-On-Sea Shops
Burnham-On-Sea Shopping Guide
Buy in Burnham!
Support local traders by shopping in town - see our A-Z index of businesses.Click here

Burnham-On-Sea What's On
What's On In Burnham-On-Sea
Things to see and do
Check the constantly updated Burnham-On-Sea.com calendar for what's happening. Click here

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter See us on YouTube