Farmers Market praised at regional awards event
Burnham-On-Sea Farmers' Market has received positive feedback
from the judges at this year's Taste of the West Awards.
The judges said that the "quality and freshness of produce
was extremely good" and that the quality of service was "excellent".
They went on to say "it felt like stepping back to a time
where shopkeepers took a pride in providing first class service
and making customers feel valued."
The next market is being held this Friday (27th October) from 9am
- 1pm when a wide range of traders will be in place.
organiser Jo Hayers of Somerset Farmers Markets told Burnham-On-Sea.com:
"I'm also very excited to announce we have cider back
at the market! The Taunton Cider Company was re-born in 2016 when
a group of cider enthusiasts associated with the original company
in the 1980's revived the name and started producing small-batch
cider. The result is proper Somerset cider created using traditional
methods that tastes great."
"Gary of GM Country Sports has reached an age where he has
decided to hang up his shot-guns and will no longer be bringing
game to the Burnham Farmers' Market. Many thanks to Gary for all
his wonderful support of the market over the years."
Coming to the market this week:
- Mike's Pork - free range pork
- Grown Up Marshmallows - tasty treats
- Nutts For - Scotch eggs
- In Clover - plants
- Berrow Farm - organic beef
- Humble Pie - great range of pies
- Portbridge Vegetables - fresh veg
- Taylors Traditional Bakers - all kinds of breads
- Orchard Farm Preserves - chutneys and jams
- Times Past Cheese Dairy - Somerset cheeses
- Instow Kitchen - fabulous food & olives
- Woodland Trust - protecting our woodlands
- Taunton Cider Co. - Somerset cider
on in Burnham-On-Sea and Highbridge