Website Mark CofE First School Academy
Mark First and Pre-school CE Academy
Learning Support Assistant
25 hours per week
Monday to Friday 5 hours per day
Grade 15.3 – 15.4 £22 737-£23 114 FTE
Actual starting salary £12 818.39 per annum
Fixed term until July 2025 or earlier dependent on funding
We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to support a KS2 class within our school. The candidate would ideally need some experience but training and support can be given. They will work under the direction of the class teacher to support the learning of an individual and groups within the class.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who can:
– Help children to learn as effectively as possible by supporting teaching and learning
– Work confidently and effectively on their own and as part of a team
– Show their initiative in a classroom environment
– Provide a purposeful and well-disciplined learning environment which reflects the school ethos
– Establish positive, supportive relationships with pupils, colleagues, parents and other agencies where necessary
– Demonstrate excellent communication skills
What we can offer:
· Professional induction, training and continued professional development opportunities.
· Staff benefits including reduced leisure centre membership and cycle to work scheme.
· A staff assistance programme with specialist provider, CareFirst who provide a 24/7 free phone helpline, or face-to-face counselling for every employee in the Wessex family.
· Exciting opportunities as part of a growing multi-academy Trust.
· Local Government Pension Scheme with a generous employer contribution in excess of 20%, subject to pension eligibility criteria.
To apply for this position, please complete a support staff application form, (which is available on our website), together with a letter of application for the attention of Mrs Lorna Parle (Headteacher).
Completed applications should be returned by post or by email to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 23 rd February 2024
Interview date: W/C 26 th February 2024
The Wessex Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding young people and promoting the welfare of children, and all staff appointed will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service
To apply for this job please visit wessexlearningtrust.co.uk.