Despatch Team Leader – Highbridge
Hourly pay rate £12.56
4 on 4 off 06.00-18.00
We’re the biggest name you’ve never heard of. You’ve probably eaten our food – you just didn’t realise it. We make innovative fresh products, with around 18,500 colleagues working across the UK, US and China. We’re the market leader in the UK fresh prepared food industry supplying meals, salads, desserts, pizza and bread to leading grocery retailers (including Tesco, M&S, Sainsbury’s and Waitrose). We’re ambitious. We’re full of ideas. And we’re ready for more people who share our values and passion for quality to join us.
Our Bakkavor site in Highbridge, which is one of our three Desserts sites in the UK, specialises in Cheesecake and Tarts, working closely with our sister site in Devizes that specialise in baked goods.
In this busy, exciting and hands on role, you will ensure safety checks are completed as well as participate in safety audits.
- You will perform Competence assessments for new operators and ensure correct allocation of skills to tasks and maintain training requirements whilst encouraging a ‘positive’ H&S behaviour at all times.
- Complete line ‘start up’ checks – understand and maintain strict temperature controls and have HACCP awareness.
- Carry out efficient shift handovers/briefs to incoming team leader informing on any issues.
- You will maintain a detailed understanding of equipment and systems in order to diagnose problems and make decisions.
- Manage incidents carried out following set criteria for waste and downtime.
Ensure stock is maintained and waste capture is carried out accurately*
You will ideally have experience of a similar role in a food manufacturing environment and be used to working at a fast pace.
If you are a driven individual with a passion for service delivery and the ability to work calmly under pressure whilst motivating others towards achievement – this could be the role for you.
We’re proud to be Bakkavor.
We’re proud to deliver outstanding quality, service, and value to our customers. We’re proud to be the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK. And we’re proud of the hard work, quality focus and loyalty of our people. Join our team and we’ll make you proud too.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £12.56 per hour
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bakkavor.com.