Sopha is looking to recruit a Retail Sales Associate to assist with the day-to-day running and growth of our family-run independent furniture store. The ideal candidate will have some experience in, or willingness to learn, retail sales and customer service. The role is suited to a friendly individual with excellent communication skills in person, over the phone and online – written communication is essential. There will be a lot of variation in day-to-day life for the successful candidate; being a small business, every member of the team contributes whether the shop floor is busy with customers, the doorbell is ringing with deliveries or the Coffee Shop needs a hand during a rush. We are a tight-knit team who take pride in our work and the shop ethos is to be an ethical retailer with a view to changing the furniture industry for the long term; sustainability is important to us! If you’re someone who loves meeting lots of different people, is up for a challenge when things don’t quite go to plan, and has a passion for talking to customers and working to drive our small startup business forward, we’d love to hear from you. Interviews will take place on 14-17th January.
- People skills – you will be representing Sopha while talking to our customers and using your knowledge to inspire them in making decisions for their home.
- General Physical Fitness – this role will include delivering furniture to customer’s homes and moving furniture in store.
- Attention to detail.
- A positive attitude with a willingness to learn.
- Self-organisation and the ability to take initiative
- Flexibility and adaptability; this role includes regular weekend work and you may be asked to cover staff sickness.
- Basic knowledge of IT.
- A desire to work as part of our small team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Serving customers; we like to make sure all of our customers are greeted and feel welcome in our store.
- Assisting Customers through product knowledge. Training will be provided to enable you to build up a knowledge of mattress fillings, furniture construction and lead times.
- Creating Sales orders and taking payments.
- There are lots of things that can go wrong when making and delivering furniture. Spending time with customers to understand any issues, taking notes, creating a log and liaising with the store manager and suppliers to find solutions when problems arise.
- Communication: keeping customers in the loop with updates on existing issues and any delays or updates to their orders.
- Supporting our team of Baristas in the Coffee Shop including covering breaks, occasional staff absences and stepping in to help during busy periods.
- Uploading new products and ranges, including writing descriptions for each and photographing fabric swatches.
- Adjusting stock levels to ensure the website reflects what is in the shop/warehouse.
- Adjusting prices when there is a change in price.
- Processing online web orders.
- Tracking and following customer orders including inputting order acknowledgments, chasing our suppliers for updates and booking in deliveries, both from manufacturers and to customers.
- Scanning and filing invoices.
- Utilising your skills and experience to help us better serve our customers and expand our reach to new and potential customers including helping to grow the Sopha brand in new and existing spaces.
- Locking up at the end of the day.
- Keeping the shop clean and tidy for our customers including hoovering, mopping and cleaning glass in both staff and customer facing areas.
- Receiving deliveries.
- Answering telephone queries, messages, web chats and e-mails.
As we’re a small team these responsibilities and duties will adapt to the skills and strengths of the successful applicant.
To apply for this position please contact Sopha direct and download the application form from their website.
To apply for this job please visit sopha.co.uk.