Sopha is looking to Recruit a Retail Sales and Marketing Associate to assist with the day-to-day running and growth of our family-run independent furniture store. This is a new role which would be ideal for an individual with either training or experience in Marketing and digital media. The role is suited to a friendly individual with excellent communication skills in person, over the phone and online – written communication is essential. You may have just graduated from university or you may have worked in similar roles in the past. There will be a lot of variation in day-to-day life for the successful candidate; being a small business, every member of the team contributes whether the shop floor is busy with customers, the doorbell is ringing with deliveries or the Coffee Shop needs a hand during a busy period. We are a tight-knit team who take pride in our work and the shop ethos is to be an ethical retailer with a view to changing the furniture industry for the long term; sustainability is important to us! If you’re someone who loves meeting lots of different people, is up for a challenge when things don’t quite go to plan, and has a passion for connecting with customers and working to drive our small startup business forward, we’d love to hear from you.
Interviews will take place on 17-20th January.
- Social media experience (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube)
- Knowledge of what makes a good post on each site.
- People skills – you will be representing Sopha while talking to our customers and using your knowledge to inspire them in making decisions for their home.
- General Physical Fitness – this role will include moving furniture in store.
- Attention to detail.
- Relevant knowledge of IT
- Self-organisation and the ability to take initiative
- Flexibility and adaptability; this role includes weekend work and you may be asked to cover staff sickness
- A desire to work as part of our small team
Additional Skills May Include:
- Basic Web Development and/or website management
- Graphic Design
- Videography or video editing.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Creating engaging content to attract new and potential customers.
- Posting regularly on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to update customers with new products, offers and events.
- Posting regular news stories and blog posts on our website.
- Starting a new, engaging email newsletter to be distributed to our existing subscriber list.
- Engaging with our customers through a variety of platforms including replying to comments and messages.
- Creating a marketing schedule and liaising with the rest of the team to ensure posts remain on-brand and relevant.
- A willingness to explore new forms of digital media and assist the rest of the team in moving the business forward.
- Overviewing the display of products on the website including photography and SEO.
- Uploading new products and ranges, including writing descriptions for each and photographing fabric swatches.
- Adjusting stock levels to ensure the website reflects what is in the shop/warehouse.
- Adjusting prices when there is a change in price.
- Processing online web orders.
- Monitoring the web chat function to answer any online queries.
- Utilising your skills and experience to help us better serve our customers and expand our reach to new and potential customers including helping to grow the Sopha brand in new and existing spaces.
- Working with our Graphic Design and Web Developers as well as our Marketing agency to get the most cost-effective return on investments.
- Procurement of services and equipment to assist you in your role.
Sales & Customer Service:
- Serving customers; we like to make sure all of our customers are greeted and feel welcome in our store.
- Creating Sales orders and taking payments.
- Demonstrating product knowledge to customers both in store and via our digital platforms. Training will be provided to enable you to build up a knowledge of mattress fillings, furniture construction and lead times.
- Tracking and following customer orders including inputting order acknowledgments, chasing our suppliers for updates and booking in deliveries, both from manufacturers and to customers.
- Scanning and filing invoices.
- Locking up at the end of the day.
- Keeping the shop clean and tidy for our customers including hoovering, mopping and cleaning glass in both staff and customer facing areas.
- Receiving deliveries.
- Answering telephone queries, messages, web chats and e-mails.
As we’re a small team these responsibilities and duties will adapt to the skills and strengths of the successful applicant.
To apply for this position please contact Sopha direct and download the application form from their website.
To apply for this job please visit sopha.co.uk.