Paramedics and fire crews from Burnham-On-Sea rushed to the centre of Berrow on Thursday evening (September 28th) after a kitchen fire injured one person.

Paramedics treated a lady for the effects of smoke inhalation and minor burns after the chip pan blaze at 4.40pm in Barton Road.

Three fire crews quickly extinguished the blaze and used specialised fans to remove fumes from the property, as pictured.

Two appliances from Burnham-On-Sea and one special unit from Bridgwater attended the incident.

Crews extinguished the fire using one hose reel jet.

Queues of rush-hour traffic built up through Berrow as Barton Road was partially blocked by the emergency services.

 
Subscribe to our news updates and join our other subscribers.
No spam, we promise. You can unsubscribe at any time and we'll never share your details without your permission. View our privacy page