Burnham-On-Sea firefighters were called to Sedgemoor Services on Sunday evening (July 21st) to reports of a small fire at the McDonalds restaurant.
One fire appliance was called just before 7pm to the southbound station, said Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service.
A Burnham Fire Station spokesperson said: “A crew was on station standing by as our second appliance had been mobilised ten minutes earlier to a report of a fire in the open.”
“Our first fire appliance was immediately mobilised by Fire Control with two appliances from Avon Fire & Rescue Service.”
“On arrival the Incident Commander confirmed there was no sign of fire and was investigating further.”
“On further investigation it was found that there had been a small fire within one of the fryers involving a small amount of cooking oil. This had been extinguished by a member of staff prior to our arrival using a fire blanket to smother it.”
“Crews made sure it was fully extinguished and monitored the fryer till it had cooled sufficiently to hand back responsibility to the duty manager.”
 
Subscribe to our news updates and join our other subscribers.
No spam, we promise. You can unsubscribe at any time and we'll never share your details without your permission. View our privacy page