Burnham-On-Sea firefighters were called out to a house on Monday afternoon (November 27th) to investigate reports of a Carbon Monoxide alarm sounding.

Two appliances from Burnham-On-Sea and Bridgwter were sent to Dunball near Bridgwater at 4.40pm.

“A Carbon Monoxide alarm was sounding,” confirmed a fire spokesman. “On arrival crews identified that the alarm was caused by vents on a wood burner being closed.”

“Crews got to work ensuring that vents to the wood burner were re-opened and then ventilated the property.”

“Once the crew had ensured that the property was made safe, the care of the property was handed back over to the occupants.”