Burnham-On-Sea firefighters were called to a smoke-logged property following a bathroom blaze in the early hours of Sunday morning (June 9th).

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service received a call from a member of the public at 12.18am reporting that smoke was coming from a home in Phoenix Terrace near Technical Street.

“Two fire appliances from Burnham were immediately mobilised by Fire Control,” said a spokesman.

“On arrival, the Incident Commander confirmed there to be a fire in the bathroom and got to work with four breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, one safety jet and a positive pressure ventilation fan to extinguish the fire.”

“The fire caused approximately 5% fire damage and 10% smoke damage to the bathroom.”

There were no reports of anyone being injured.