Burnham-On-Sea Farmers’ Market has received positive feedback from the judges at this year’s Taste of the West Awards.
The judges said that the “quality and freshness of produce was extremely good” and that the quality of service was “excellent”.
They went on to say “it felt like stepping back to a time where shopkeepers took a pride in providing first class service and making customers feel valued.”
The next market is being held this Friday (27th October) from 9am – 1pm when a wide range of traders will be in place.
Market organiser Jo Hayers of Somerset Farmers Markets told Burnham-On-Sea.com: “I’m also very excited to announce we have cider back at the market! The Taunton Cider Company was re-born in 2016 when a group of cider enthusiasts associated with the original company in the 1980’s revived the name and started producing small-batch cider. The result is proper Somerset cider created using traditional methods that tastes great.”
“Gary of GM Country Sports has reached an age where he has decided to hang up his shot-guns and will no longer be bringing game to the Burnham Farmers’ Market. Many thanks to Gary for all his wonderful support of the market over the years.”
Coming to the market this week:
- Mike’s Pork – free range pork
- Grown Up Marshmallows – tasty treats
- Nutts For – Scotch eggs
- In Clover – plants
- Berrow Farm – organic beef
- Humble Pie – great range of pies
- Portbridge Vegetables – fresh veg
- Taylors Traditional Bakers – all kinds of breads
- Orchard Farm Preserves – chutneys and jams
- Times Past Cheese Dairy – Somerset cheeses
- Instow Kitchen – fabulous food & olives
- Woodland Trust – protecting our woodlands
- Taunton Cider Co. – Somerset cider