Burnham-On-Sea’s monthly farmers market returns to the town’s High Street today (Friday, July 28th) with a great line-up of stalls.
Stalls will be set-up in the town centre selling local produce including fruit, local meat, vegetables, cakes, cheese, pies, bakery items and milk from 9am-1pm.
This month’s line up includes:
- Berrow Farm – grass fed, outdoor reared beef and lamb from Sarah and Richard’s family farm just outside of Burnham-on-Sea
- The Country Potter – hand thrown pots, mugs, jugs and more, all made by Ed
G M Country Sports – game meat including rabbit, venison and more. Steaks, faggots & sausages available
- Grown Up Marshmallows – gourmet, melt-in-the-mouth and almost guilt free marshmallows, hand made by Janet
- Humble Pie – handmade pies from Street in a variety of flavours, eat them hot or cold and they are also great for freezing
- In Clover – home grown perennials, delightful Somerset grown flowers and plants for your garden all in peat-free compost
- Mike’s Pork – prize winning Gloucestershire Old Spot pork raised on the Somerset Levels
- Nutts For… – scotch eggs in a variety of tasty and award winning flavours, perfect for a snack, ploughmans and more. Vegetarian option also available
Orchard Farm Preserves – home made jams, chutneys and traditional whole cakes all made by Celia
- Portbridge Farm Vegetables – seasonal, locally grown vegetables from Chew Magna. Beetroot, Courgette, Carrots are much more all in season now
- Quantock Pies and Cakes – quiches, pizzas, cakes, biscuits, tarts and steamed puddings made at the foot of the Quantock Hills
- Taylors Traditional Bakers – freshly baked traditional bread and buns from Bruton. Look out for their regular speciality breads. Some new loaves making an appearance are a dark rye sourdough, a ciabatta loaf and an olive fougasse
- Times Past Dairy – award winning cheeses in many flavours including traditional cheddar. Janice is the market day manager so if you are interested in having a stall or giving out information on a community project, please let her know