One person was taken to hospital following a fire at a home in Burnham-On-Sea on Wednesday (June 14th).

Fire crews and an ambulance were called to Willis Court in Marine Drive at around 2.30pm.

A resident raised the alarm after a fire started in the bathroom. Two fire applicances from Burnham-On-Sea and Bridgwater were sent to the scene.

Crews found the fire was already out and the on-coming engine from Bridgwater were stood down as it was not required.

“One casualty was treated on scene by paramedics and taken to hospital as a precautionary measure,” a spokesman told Burnham-On-Sea.com.

“The property received 30% damage to the bathroom and 10% smoke damage to rest of property.”

Crews on scene confirmed the cause of the fire was believed to be a candle which was against a flammable materials.