Plans to build a barrage between Brean Down, near Burnham-On-Sea, and Wales have been given a boost after a successful government meeting.
Project Director Gareth Woodham, pictured, told Burnham-On-Sea.com on Saturday that “constructive” talks had been held this week with a delegation from the Department of Trade and Industry in London which means the ambitious plans are still on schedule.
“Constructive discussions resulted in a plan being compiled which commences by meeting Sedgemoor District Council and the South West Regional Development Board,” he said.
“A presentation and informal discussions on a full planning application will take place on June 2nd.”
He added: “The Vale of Glamorgan and Sedgemoor Councils have confirmed that there are currently no other outside planning applications in the pipeline. This position will be monitored over the next six months.”